An integrated and customised Video Analytics solution for the real-time events detection
AiVu-Smart Modules is a modular Video Analytics solution developed by Aitek to process live and recorded image from video-surveillance cameras.
Whether transportation infrastructures, urban areas, points of sales, industrial sites or other are involved, security personnel require reliable solutions capable of detecting any threat in real time. This is why video analytics have become an essential tool for guaranteeing immediate responses in case of events representing possible dangers to people, goods and infrastructures.
The AiVu-Smart Modules suite integrates existing CCTV systems for the real-time detection of a wide range of events focusing on people, vehicles and static objects. Our software modules are also designed to apply post-event analytics to recordings and to provide useful data for statistical and business intelligence analysis.
The employed image processing algorithms automatically generate notifications whenever events of interest occur, configured based on the needs of the surveillance system manager. The detection is highly reliable and accurate and any redundant or false alarms are automatically filtered out.
AiVu-Smart Modules solutions are scalable and adaptable, allowing users to add new features simply by installing additional licenses when needed.
- Modular video analytics platform for the design of solutions tailored to the Cusotmers’ needs
- Easily expandable with new functionalities
- User-friendly web-based configuration interface that does not require specific know-how
- Increased operating efficiency and reduced response times in case of emergencies
- Post analysis on recordings to detect events without having to browse hours of video streams
- Automatic forwarding of alarms and relevant recordings to the control centre and to mobile devices
- Default values and/or advised interval ranges for each parameter
- Deep learning, data analysis and design of neural networks for even more reliable video analytics
- Integration in third-party systems (i.e. railway traffic control systems, traffic management, SCADA , etc)
Easy and quick video analytics configuration
The front end is a web-based interface, supported by mainstream browsers and therefore easily accessible from workstations equipped with different OSs (Windows, Linux), which allows to draw virtual sensors (“rules”) on an image or parts of it.
The number and type of sensors on the cameras are easy to modify. Multiple sensors can be configured on a single camera to simultaneously detect different events without affecting processing performance.
Setting up video analytics on a video camera is extremely simple: one just has to select the rule corresponding to the event to be detected and to define the image area to which the analytics must be applied by drawing the virtual sensor using the mouse.
Furthermore, default values and/or suggested ranges are available for all parameters and thresholds, allowing even video processing novices to perform analytics configuration with no need for complex measurements or evaluations.
If a video camera points to a different location, video analytics can be restored simply by adjusting the position of the virtual sensors on the image.
Post-event analytics on recordings
The video analytics software modules can also be applied to recordings, allowing to quickly and automatically reconstruct events of interest, without having to examine hours of recordings. Events can be quickly detected just by drawing the virtual sensors on the images: post-event analytics are performed at the highest possible speed, allowing to process hours of recordings in a few minutes!
Real-time alarm notification
All notifications generated by sensors, with the corresponding images, can be automatically sent to a control center provided with Aitek’s AiVu-VMS video management portal or to third-party supervisory systems, using the AiVu format or Onvif specifications. The control center automatically receives alarm notifications from video cameras any time unpredicted events occur, allowing the security personnel to view the recordings associated with the event and trigger the appropriate response procedures.
Deep learning: the evolution of video analytics
Deep learning is based on training highly sophisticated neural networks to achieve the highest reliability in processing images and video streams.
The performance of neural networks improves as they are fed more examples from which to learn, allowing the algorithm to dynamically adapt to new conditions. In case of changes to the application scenario or of incorrect detections, a network can be retrained to correct any inaccuracy.
Deep learning provides numerous advantages. Using neural networks provides robustness to rapid variations in the monitored scene such as changes in weather, lighting or video camera orientation.
Furthermore, algorithms can process in real time every single image with no need to employ a reference model of the scene and can detect with extreme reliability even partially overlapping or occluded objects or objects which have long been abandoned.
- Aitek expertise in data analysis for neural network design
- Development of complex video analytics solutions with no need to develop complex algorithms
- Detection of individual objects even when overlapped or partially occluded
- Classification of objects comparable in shape and size (for example, bicycles/motorcycles)
- Detection of motionless objects in the monitored scene (long-term tracking)
- Audio stream processing for sound detection applications