Continuing research efforts are essential to develop product and process innovation and maintain a high level of competitiveness.
For this reason, Aitek participates in national and European funded research projects and joins in consortia and industrial districts promoting partnerships between companies, Universities and Research Organizations.
The result is the industrialization of solutions that contribute to increasing the efficiency and security of our customers’ activities, but also and above all to improving everyday life by making it more sustainable, simpler and more functional.
Thanks to this commitment and the expertise acquired in managing major projects, Aitek established itself as a technology advisor to support the Customer’s strategic innovation processes.
Over the years Aitek has taken part in dozens of funded research projects, at times playing important coordinating roles. Today, our commitment is aimed at developing applications based on the most advanced artificial intelligence techniques in numerous operating scenarios:
- Automotive: design and development of Driver Monitoring Systems installed and tested on driving simulators or real vehicles in collaboration with car manufacturers and industry-leading companies;
- People security: video monitoring of crowded environments such as railway stations, installation and testing of cutting-edge solutions for counting people
- Security of critical infrastructure: definition and implementation of video analytics applications that can be integrated into complex and heterogeneous cyber-physical systems for the monitoring of civil works;
- Road network monitoring: intelligent video analytics applications, especially focused on protecting vulnerable users such as pedestrians, cyclists and motorcyclists;
- Ports and Logistics: automation of goods handling processes and transit control systems at road or rail access gates;
- Maritime security: implementation of monitoring systems that integrate multispectral cameras and video analytics algorithms based on artificial intelligence techniques;
- Smart agriculture: video analytics applications for processing images acquired by drones;
- Retail and advertisement: in-store video analytics applications and platforms for the management of smart interactive kiosks for department stores and shopping malls.